About Me

My photo
California born by a Cuban mother, and having lived in Japan since 2004, with many former years in the California Bay Area and six in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I have friends and family throughout the world, and the web of trails it grows. I live the dream of traveling to many distant lands, creating music and dancing to it, meeting interesting people, discovering treasures in the most unlikely of places, and finally returning to the continent of my birth.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Times are not the same as 30 years ago...

And as such, I have to do some research!

I think this must happen to a lot of foreign English teachers who have never taught in their own country... everybody asks what school is like there.
So one automatically answers, to their own experience, what it was like...
20 or 30 years ago!
The thought started creeping up on me a while ago, and so yesterday I did some research online, and lo-and-behold, school lunch is not the same! There are apparently even organic school lunch programs being promoted by the federal gov't! That is soooo different from the high carb and fat cafeteria food they served when I was in elementary school. If there are any moms out there, won't you please comment as to your own knowledge regarding school and/or lunches in the US?

No comments:

Post a Comment